Giving a role access to perform and create payment files can be extremely frustrating with unexpected errors. There are a few role permissions that you need to give the role on the Lists, Setup and Custom Record subtabs to make this possible. You will usually use an accounting function role as your base for a custom role.
In the administrator role:
- Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles.
- Find your role and click Edit.
- Select Permission subtab > Setup.
- Add Manage Accounting Periods (level view).
- Subsidiary Settings Manager (level view).
- Custom Fields (level view).
- Custom Record Types (level view).
- Select Permission subtab > Lists.
- Subsidiaries (level view).
- Accounts (level view).
- Accounts Payable Register (level view).
- Accounts Receivable Register (level view).
- Select Permission subtab > Custom Record.
- Payment Schedule (level view).
- Payment File Template Request (level edit).
- Payment File Format (level edit).
- Payment File Administration (level edit).
- Payment Batch (level edit).
- Payment Aggregation (level edit).
- Electronic Payments Preference (level edit).
- Company Bank Details (level edit).
- Bill EFT Payment Information (level edit).
- Bill EFT Details (level edit).
- Bank Details (level edit).
Forgetting to add any of the above permission will result in not having the ability to Email Payment Notification, Recreation on Files, Reversing Payments or Rolling Payments back.
In addition to this, there is more configuration on the scripts deployed by the electronic payments bundle.
- Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments.
- Find Script “Email Notification SS2.0” id: “customdeploy_7716_payment_notification_s”
- Edit the record.
- Change Execute As Role “Administrator”
- Save the record.
- Repeat the above steps on the following two deployment records.
- “EFT – Bill Payment File Generation” id: customdeploy_9997_eft_file_generation
- “DD – Invoice Payment File Generation” id: customdeploy_9997_dd_file_generation
- Failing to perform this will result in the following error message: “You have entered an Invalid Field Value 9 for the following field: custrecord_2663_notification_s